Global online advocacy event on mental health with world leaders, mental health experts and celebrity guests plus WHO Director-General
On World Mental Health Day, 10 October, the World Health Organization will, for the first time ever, host a global online advocacy event on mental health open to all. At this event—the Big Event for Mental Health—world leaders, mental health experts and celebrity guests will join WHO Director-General, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, to tell the world what we can all do to improve our mental health and how we can help make sure that quality mental health care is available to everyone who needs it.
During the event, which will begin at 16:00 CET/Swiss time (until 19:00 CET) and will be streamed live on WHO’s social media channels, viewers will:
- see, through human stories, how the work of WHO and partners is helping improve people’s mental health in countries around the world:
- hear from national and international leaders about why they are making mental health a priority;
- hear first-hand from well-known mental health advocates about their motivations and listen to their advice for those who are struggling; and
- listen to world-class musicians perform some of their most popular music.
How to get involved
- Promote the Big Event on Mental Health through your networks and on social media. Share the Big Event posts on WHO social media channels: Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; and TikTok
- Watch the Big Event on 10 October through one of these links Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; YouTube or TikTok (no registration required).
#MoveForMentalHealth social media campaign
On Monday 5 October, we will be launching our #MoveForMentalHealth social media campaign on Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; and TikTok, in collaboration with United for Global Mental Health and the World Federation for Mental Health.
How to get involved
- If you are on social media, share a video showing what you do for your own mental well-being, including the hashtag #MoveForMentalHealth. Look out for our videos next week to give you some ideas! Ask you friends to do this too.
- Look out for our posts on social media explaining why it is so important to invest in mental health. Share widely. Create your own too!
> Big Event on Mental Health
> Weitere Informationen zum Tag der psychischen Gesundheit